HEART2HEART DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE:- 20TH OCTOBER, 2020
TOPIC:- ACTIVITY vs IMPACT
TEXT:- 1 Samuel 10: 1-7
SCRIPTURE :- “After that thou shalt come to the hill of God, where is the garrison of the Philistines: and it shall come to pass, when thou art come thither to the city, that thou shalt meet a company of prophets coming down from the high place with a psaltery, and a tabret, and a pipe, and a harp, before them; and they shall prophesy:” 1 Sam. 10:5
1. Vs 5, made mention of the hill of God that had become a garrison of the philistines, mention was also made of a company of prophets who were coming down from the high place.
2. How could there be prophets who regularly visited the high place, yet philistines formed a garrison on the hill of God?
3. How could people who encountered God allow the enemies of God to be established in God’s territory?
4. Those prophets were obviously involved with God, but it seemed that there involvement with God did not rub off on their environment.
5. They were involved regularly in spiritual activity, but it seemed that the spiritual activity did not make much difference in what happened around them.
6. There was clearly an involvement in spiritual activity, but it seemed that the spiritual activity did not make much impact around them.
NOTE:- Let your spiritual activity make impact on your environment. Let your family members feel the impact of your prayer life and walk with God.
7. Let people connected to you enjoy a new lease of life on account of your connection to God; let the people in your life experience the impact of your frequent spiritual activity.
8. Let your dwelling in God’s presence alter the situation of things in your workplace, city, nation e.t.c.
9. Prophets were frequently meeting God in the high place, they frequently stepped into the place where they should encounter glory, but they left with a glory that was not enough to deter the philistines from forming a garrison on the hill of God.
HEAR ME:- This year, seek that glory of God to be mighty upon you to deter the philistines of this world from forming their garrison around you. Seek that God’s glory will exceed the negativity around you.
10. When the chips are down, your spiritual activity will make no much meaning if it does not make an impact on your environment or those around you. Seek more of God’s glory, seek IMPACT rather than ACTIVITY.
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: MY IMPACT MUST BE FELT ON MY ENVIRONMENT AND THE PEOPLE AROUND ME.
PRAYER OF THE DAY: O Lord, let my spiritul activity make more impact on my environment and the people around me.
DISCUSSION OF THE DAY: Join Dr. Andy Kwakpovwe for “I PROPHESY” from Mondays to Fridays by 6:45am.
Click link below to follow and like the page to get notified when the meeting starts.
_Follow me on Facebook @Dr Andy Kwakpovwe, Twitter @drandykwas and Instagram @dr_andy_kwakpovwe and Dr.andykwas (Two twitter accounts_
Dr Andy Kwakpovwe