Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32
As a wife, you have more power than you might realize to either build up your man or to tear him down. Your words, your actions, and even your tone can bring out the very best in him.
This morning, I want to show you 8 specific actions you can take that can bring out the best your husband. If you want to bring out the very best in your man, consistently do these eight things
- ENCOURAGE HIM. Be a cheerleader for all he’s doing right and not just a criticizer of all he’s doing wrong. Your encouragement has the power to fuel his passions and give him the courage he didn’t know he had to reach new heights. Your criticism can take the wind out of his sails and make him want to give up hope.
- THANK HIM WHEN HE DOES SOMETHING FOR YOU OR THE KIDS. If does something for you or the kids, don’t close your mouth no matter how small. Appreciate him as he’s doing it and thank him when he completes it. Your gratitude while he’s doing it will keep him motivated to keep being at his best for you. If he feels like your needs or desires are always unspoken, unclear or unappreciated, he’ll lose hope. Clarity will help bring out his best.
- INITIATE SEX. In a nutshell, sex is probably your husband’s biggest need both emotionally and physically. If he’s like the majority of men, he’s likely to rate the health of the marriage in large part on the frequency of your love-making. When you initiate sex, it is a huge boost to his confidence. When he’s consistently denied sex, it might become the greatest source of discouragement to him.
- PRAY FOR HIM EVERYDAY. Pray for your husband. You might be the only person in his life who is praying for him. When you’re praying for him, God has a way of softening your heart towards him. It is difficult to remain mad at someone you’re praying for. Finally, I believe that God can use your prayers to supernaturally make a difference in a situation when nothing else seems to be working.
- TAKE A GENUINE INTEREST IN HIS INTERESTS. Your husband wants you to be his best friend. He wants to share experiences and adventures with you. He wants to connect with you. You connect with him when you take genuine interest in his favorite activity even if his interest seems totally opposite to yours. He will also be more likely to want to connect with you in your hobbies or interests.
- BRAG ABOUT HIM; DON’T NAG ABOUT HIM. Neurological research has suggested that venting, nagging or complaining can actually rewire our thought process toward more negativity. In other words, negative thoughts and negative talk lead to more negativity. It does NOT lead to solutions. Even if your husband isn’t there to hear what you’re saying, it will eventually have a negative impact on your marriage.
- NEVER GIVE UP ON HIM! If he knows you believe in him and you’ll be with him to the end, no matter what, he will feel like he can conquer the world. Reaffirm your commitment to him often. Tell him often how much you love him and how much you believe in him. Your words and your actions have the power to make him a better man and a better husband.
- RESPECT HIM: Respect to a man is greater than his need for sex. A man’s highest need is to feel respected, whereas a woman’s highest need is to feel loved and cherished. A man deeply needs the woman in his life to respect his knowledge, opinions, and decisions. Dozens of men told me how painful it is when their wives criticize them in public, put them down, or even question their judgment in front of others. Respect your spouse at all times by how you talk to him AND how you talk about him.
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: The sun shall not smite my by day nor the moon by night in Jesus name.
DISCUSSION OF THE DAY: If we have not talked or chatted at anytime, I will like to chat with you one on one. Why not give me a WhatsApp hi chat now via 08032063909. Am waiting.
PRAYER OF THE DAY: Pray for your husband/wife. Pray that God will help you fulfill your role as a wife/husband towards your spouse. Use the name of Jesus to bind every evil force from hell unleashed against your marriage. Lose the grace of God to work in your marriage in Jesus name.
I Remain Your Friend,
Dr Andy Kwakpovwe
Follow me on Twitter@drandykwas, Instagram@dr.andykwas, FB@ Heart2Heart with Dr Andy and Whatsapp@08032063909