HEART2HEART DAILY DEVOTIONAL
15TH OCTOBER, 2020
TOPIC:- USE OF TONGUES (THE WRONG USE OF TONGUE)
“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.” Prov. 18:21
Like earlier discussed in our previous devotional, the subject on the use of tongues is very vital therefore we need to take note of the teaching of God’s word about the right and wrong use of the tongue. However, today, we are going to see how the tongue can be wrongly used.
(1) Blaming God when tempted to do wrong (James 1:13-14)
(2) Speaking hypocritically (James 1:26). It is easy to do this, and what a terrible statement about this very thing is found in Titus 1:16
(3) Expressing discrimination between Rich and Poor fellow-believers (James 2:1-4). Discrimination between people’s colour, background, race and status in life can be thoroughly unchristian.
(4) Speaking unsympathetically to those in need (James 2:15-16) with so much poverty in our world, we need to search our hearts.
(5) Boasting and flattering, thus causing a destructive fire (James 3:5). Just one word can cause a family upset or division in a church; see James 3:14
(6) Grumbling against each other (James 4:12; 5:9, Rom. 14:12-13)
(7) Swearing or Blaspheming (James 5:12). Many non-Christians are careless with their words, even taking the Lord’s name in vain. How careful we must be as Believers, 1 Peter 3:10
CONFESSION OF THE DAY:- I have a controlled tongue. It will always speak God’s word
PRAYER OF THE DAY:- Holy Spirit, let my speech not betray me in Jesus name.
DISCUSSION OF THE DAY:-
Join Dr. Andy everyday on Facebook for “I PROPHESY” from 6:45am.
Click the link below to follow and like the page to get notified when the meeting starts
Follow me on;
Facebook @Dr Andy Kwakpovwe, Twitter @drandykwas and Instagram @dr_andy_kwakpovwe and Dr.andykwas (two twitter accounts)
Dr. Andy Kwakpovwe